With Ruby Sparks, an indie flick making it to the big screen this summer, actress-turned-screenwriter Zoe Kazan is on a major roll (she wrote the screenplay and stars in the film!). Although Zoe has held over a dozen on-screen roles in both movies and television since 2003, fans are pretty much left in the dark when it comes to Zoe’s personal life, as she likes to keep it fairly private. Luckily, with a hefty bit of research, ME is ready to share 10 awesoME tidbits about the blue-eyed celebrity, who is making a big splash in Hollywood.
1. Zoe used to help foreign students write their applications essays for graduate school. When she looks back on her previous job, she says it was demoralizing and slightly illegal(!).
2. The starlet is not only beautiful, but also well-educated. Zoe graduated from Yale in 2005 with a Bachelor’s degree in Theater.
3. Her screenwriting skills were foreseeable: the actress’s mom and dad, Robin Swicord, respectively, are both Oscar nominated screenwriters.
4. Zoe’s favorite shows include The Office, Mad Men, and Family Guy. She says they are her “must-sees.”
5. She has a five-pound toy poodle named Alice.
6. The classic movie, A Streetcar Named Desire, was directed by her grandfather, legendary director, Elia Kazan.
7. Zoe loves junk food. She favors pizza, dumplings and guacamole.
8. Cutie Paul Dano is her boyfriend of more than three years, and stars with her in Ruby Sparks!
9. Zoe’s favorite board games are Scrabble and Bananagrams.
10. She has had to appear naked in numerous plays, which is why she now appreciates any show she does that lets her keep her clothes on. Eek!