De’Vaughn Nixon plays the most popular senior in school in Disney’s upcoming film, Prom. He’s been acting since he was a young child, and now that he’s landed a pretty sweet role in a feature film, get to know more about Nixon from ME!
1. Born and raised in Los Angeles, CA
2. Had roles in Terminator 2: Judgment Day and The Bodyguard. Made special appearances on Disney’s Sonny With a Chance.
3. His father is former NBA player Norm Nixon and step-mother is dancer/choreographer Debbie Allen.
4. Loves to play video games. One of this favorite games is Call of Duty.
5. Alongside Prom co-star Kylie Bunbury, Nixon headed to the Georgia Aquarium to crash the Prom of Woodland High School. Kylie and De’Vaughn – who are a couple in the movie– were on hand to crown Woodland’s Prom king and queen.
6. As a child, Nixon was playing basketball all the time, but also spent time acting on the side. At 23, he decided acting was what he wanted to do full-time.
7. Did work on season two of The Hard Times of RJ Berger. Nixon had a cameo in an episode from season one and they brought him back for season two where he shot seven episodes
8. This year, Nixon took part in TOM’s shoes’ One Day Without shoes and went barefoot for a day at the event in Los Angeles.
9. Wore a Giorgio Armani tuxedo to Prom and took a stretch hummer with a jacuzzi to the event.
10. In high school, he was known as the flirt with a big smile type of guy.
Photo credit: Richard Foreman Jr. © Disney Enterprises, Inc.