You may already know him as the studly prince from Snow White and the Hunstman, but Sam Claflin is about to win over the hearts of many more a teenage girl as Finnick Odair in the second installment of The Hunger Games series Catching Fire. Finnick is a Games contestant with a swimmer’s physique and a tragic love story. Like Finnick, Sam is totally crush-worthy. Move over Josh and Liam! Here are ten things to know about the confirmed Future Finnick:
1. He’s a Cancer, born on June 27, 1986, which for all you zodiac followers, makes him most compatible with Taurus girls and Cancer chicas.
2. He has an accent! Born in Suffolk, England, the 26-year-old has a swoon-worthy British lilt*.
3. He used to be a jock! He planned to pursue a career in soccer (or football, as they call it good ol’ Britain), but an ankle injury kept him from signing on with Norwich City.
4. He knows his craft! The green-eyed Brit graduated from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art in 2009.
5. He’s an underdog! Sam has only graced the big screen twice – as William in Snow White and the Huntsmen and as the kind-hearted missionary Philip in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
6. He considered taking on Shakespeare. The actor contemplated touring in a theatrical production of Macbeth, but changed his mind when he was given his role in The Pillars of The Earth. While attending the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, he played Silvius in Shakespeare’s As You Like It, as well as Dorimant in Man of Mode.
7. He has a heart of gold! On January 14, 2011, Sam participated in Good Morning America’s Warm Coats, Warm Hearts Coat Drive. There’s nothing more charming than a guy who’ll get involved with charity!
8. Along with his role in Catching Fire, Sam is set to act in three films scheduled for a 2013 release: two dramas—Mary & Martha and Belle—and an international thriller called Overdrive.
9. He models too! You can catch him in guyliner, artsy sweaters, and fishnet in series of photos that appeared in the February issue of Wonderland Magazine.
10. Sam beat out actor Max Irons for the Pirates of the Carribean role of Phillip, a young missionary. You may know Max Irons as the wealthy wanna-be-beau Henry in Red Riding Hood starring Amanda Seyfried.
*Lilt: the attractive inflection of a person’s voice. Who said studying for the SAT isn’t fun 😉